Sep 24, 2009
Read Lisa's Blog post "Google Books Revolutionary Next Step"
How to Order Key Civil War Records by Tamie Dehler, Tribune-Star
A listener writes in to share her experience with Genealogy
Join the Genealogy Gems Podcast Group at Genealogy Wise.
Check out the free program Transcript 2.0 that listeners are raving about.
GEM: Probate Records with Jana Broglin, CG
How to Find Probate Records:
Visit Jana's Web Site
GEM: Sorting your bookmarks alphabetically
in Safari (Mac)
Thanks to listener Eiya Loki
How to Sort
1. On the top of your screen click
2. In Bookmarks drop down menu click on Show All Bookmarks
3. In the left pane under Collections click on Bookmarks Menu
4. click on any bookmark in the right pane
5. Go directly up to Edit at the top of your screen and click on it
6. Click on Select All from the drop down menu
7. Open up Finder and make a folder on your desktop called "bookmarks"
8. Double click on the folder to open it up.
9. Then on your keyboard press Command-J. This will open a little window.
10. About in the middle of this window you will see the words Arrange By: with a drop down menu right next to it, click the drop down menu option Name.
11. Now go back to Safari and drag a third of Safari's window out of screen
12. Position the finder in the empty half of the screen.
13. Go back to the Bookmarks Menu
14. Click and drag all of your bookmarks in the Finder window.
15. There the will be automatically sorted even the bookmarks inside folders!
16. Go back to Safari and re Select All to your bookmarks just as you did before but this time after you have all you bookmarks highlighted
17. Go back up to Edit & click Delete in the drop down window.
18. Go back to the Finder window and Select All just as you did before
19. Drag the bookmarks back into Bookmarks Menu in Safari.